Sunday, October 23, 2011

Status

So an update to what I've been doing since I released 0.4.

0.5 basic maps are done
0.5 common event structure is done
0.5 local event/image structure maybe 15% done

Usually when I get ready to release a new version, there's a big push beforehand to get everything finished and debugged before release, leaving me burnt out after release and debugged release and I end up taking a few weeks away to recoup before getting back into the coding.  When I put out 0.4 the burnt out part was delayed for a bit letting me get a good start on 0.5.  The burnout is back, but that's completely normal.

Switched to doing some project management work in the meantime until my urge to write comes back.  A few people at Hongfire offered me their assistance in a few things that I'm not particularly good at.

Plby2005 and raziel321 have both been developing scripts for the game.  One of them I need for 0.5 to work and another will be a CG mode letting you replay any scene you've seen before.  Very excited for both of them, and they're nearly finished with them. 

Ninjican has been working on sprites for the game.  Another thing I'm bad at so the sprites are getting far better due to his help.

When the CG mode is up and running (And I load it with the proper events) I will be releasing 0.4.2.  There won't be any new content except for the CG mode.

I don't have any kind of firm date for 0.5 yet, but unless things go dramatically badly it should be out before the new year. 

I intend to update this blog weekly, but no promises on that :)

7 comments:

  1. you got a shadow-follower

    I can't help with the game, but I'm sure can help you via spreading it out loud

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you can link other games you suggest trying on the side?

    Just finished once, I missed tons of scenes not wanting a gameover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the game a great deal. It provided something that I like a great deal, as evidenced by the title. Keep up the great work. I look forward to the next versions. Oh and if you could link some similar games to play while I wait for the next version, I would greatly appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. Just a quick response for blaster - I have almost no GoR content as I don't personally find it to be particularly fun. Out of the 74 scenes listed, none of them ends the game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What I mean is, doing too much bad will cause game over, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. No. Both paths are legimate and will play out until the end. What happens will change definitely, but the game will never tell you 'you're too much of a bastard game over'.

    I intend the ending to be dramatically different, but both will make sense from the characters point of view and happen at roughly the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Then I must have misunderstood the opening^^

    ReplyDelete