Sunday, May 20, 2012

Progress, distractions, and file hosts

So we've made quite a bit of progress on 0.6a and it's coming together nicely.  Phases 1 and 2 are done, and when phase 3 is completed testing will begin.  Still a few weeks (3-4) until testing begins, and then another few weeks until release.  Diablo 3 is proving to be a distraction as it's an amazing game but I had been figuring that in all my estimates so far.  Total scene count is up to 169, but a few of those is scenes that weren't part of the system before.  Think actually scene add is 18 or so.

On a side note, holy shit does 3dcg work better when it's on a SSD.  If you're another developer using the program to create images for your game, getting one will make things alot easier for you.

Finally, Rapidgator seems to have crashed.  The admins are saying that it'll be back up soon but they've been saying that for quite a few days now.  Fortunately I had just triggered a payout so I didn't lose much if they don't come back.  I've added filelaser and bitshare as hosts to make sure the game is available, because file factory isn't enough on its own.  And if any of you are developing your own content and want some information on how to go about keeping your game free while making a bit of money on the side, send me a PM on one of the boards I have a nice writeup explaining how to do it right, and the upsides and downsides of it.

Edit : Uploading CG packs to Bitshare and Filelaser now, gonna take a while though.

14 comments:

  1. Ive been wondering... what kind of Programm do you use to make sex scenes and some characters?

    I ask because Ive been thinking of making my own game and this programm somehow suits me.

    Thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last a good news,,
    I'm tired to hear bad news coming one by one this two weeks...

    keep it up Ker-san~

    ReplyDelete
  3. i loved playing this game (quinda sad when i hit the end T.T)
    keep up the good work played tru it twice so far now w8ting for 0.6

    i am having trouble getting into that orc village in the jungle. looked on wiki where it is but doesn't show. i don't see the smoke

    keep up the gr8 work
    Defikke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When looking for the orc village, kill like 5 groups of orcs for it to appear.

      Delete
  4. When I finished the mine and went to get the item for the pillar of fire, I was to get 5k, but no monster spawned at all....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the leecher that I am, I'm waiting this with anticipation, he he...

    Btw, is 3D Custom Girl hard to get & install? I'm thinking about doing something with it also...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very much excited about this game. I finished the Harem 0.5.1 version a while back and have been checking this blog every damn day looking forward to 0.6a.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I just found this game, and I have to say, it's pretty good! A few spelling errors here and there, but those can be fixed rather easily.
    I actually noticed on the LoK forums that you're looking for writers. I'm perfectly willing to help with that, since I've got several highly popular stories floating around the internet. If you want me to send you links to them, or some of my unpublished works as a sort of audition, i'm willing to do that. I look forward to hearing from you on this matter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. can I ask for MF link? i can't download from all the link in this blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not atm. Current plans are to release 0.6a in a few days to the usual hosts. A week after that I'll upload 0.6a to mediafire and then set an autoreply on the gmail account for it.

      Delete