Sunday, December 23, 2012

I gotta give you something

'Tis the season for gifts.  And if you don't have anything new to give, I say go digging around in your closet and find something to regift!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/cl79ydabgu3/n/AS.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/?px6uk9489dd43pw

This is how I got started writing adult games.  Cyrandl at hongfire had created a event/scripting engine called Aslave and posted it for free to let people create their own hentai games.  Essentially the goal was to let people create slavemaker type games without needing to know how to use flash.  I found it enjoyable and created two games for it.

The first is The Training of Yuna.  Essentially the plot is that Yuna from FFX/X-2 was arrested for murder and sentenced to a life as a slave to pay for her crimes and it's your job to turn her into a obedient and useful slave.  A few different paths for doing so and a few different skill sets that you can train her in with some very basic ends in place.  Of course a lot of sexual training of course.  Similar interface to Slavemaker with schedules and stat tracking.

The other is 7 days.  Very much of the Harem prototype.  The women of your homeland has been cursed and made barren and you try to capture women to sell for a profit.  Not a great deal of content in the game as Aslave never really had a combat engine which made the fight scenes very difficult.  Cyrandl ultimately went onto other projects and I switched engines to RPG maker VX

Both games are in the download.  Just run the Aslave executable and select either Yuna or 7 days.  You can also use Aslave creator to try to make your own game!  You can look at
http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php/208965-ASlave-Creator-The-Slave-Sim-Creator-Current-Version-1-1-%28-o-%29?highlight= if you have any questions on the engine, although please don't necro the thread as the project is essentially dead.

Also, I am no longer working on Yuna nor 7 days.  Any bugs/missing content will remain from here to the end of time.  Also, I've forgotten most of what I know about both of the games and the engine, so I won't be posting any kind of walkthroughs nor answering questions on the engine.  Enjoy them, play around with the engine if you want.  If you do create something, feel free to link it in comments.  If I see a handful I might dedicate a blog post to what you all have uploaded.

Cancel the paypal thing, already been locked by them.  Bleh

11 comments:

  1. When I try to open any of the games with the "ASlave Creator.exe" I get "An unexpected error ocured - Category does not exist." error message and then it closes. WinXP SP3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does require the .net framework from Microsoft

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got .NET v2 and the games run fine but when I try to open them with the editor I get the error. Do I need a different version of .NET?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not 100% sure, I didn't create the engine. I'd try to update to 3.5 which is the newest version.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for these, they're working well as something to whet my appetite until the next harem version is released. I know you said that you wouldn't post any walkthroughs but do you happen to remember how many ends you created for the Yuna game?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really don't, sorry. You can look at the creator program and there should just be an end event

      Delete
  5. Aww! I quite literally logged on to this blog tonight to donate ten bucks to you! And now it's been closed? Boo.

    Any alternative you got going? Harem's great work- a lot of fun- and I wouldn't mind buying you the equivalent of a beer or two for it!

    And to the poster above... maybe you should just play it and find out? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, fuck paypal. What I'm thinking of doing is using google checkout and giving some kind of reward at different donation levels. In a week or two I'll create a post with a few ideas for that to get some feedback.

      Delete
    2. Awesome, I look forward to it.

      Oh, one quick thing while I'm posting- when I first dl'd the game, months ago, I thought I also had to dl the CG packs in order to play the game - or download them to add to the game, or something.

      I almost passed on Harem due to having to wait so long to download everything (not that I mind the download sites whatsoever, but 4 packs can take awhile). I also remember reading someone else making the same mistake.

      I might suggest considering changing the heading above "CG PACK DOWNLOADS" to include a brief 'already included in game ' or the like.

      This likely seems like the most noob mistake ever; just my experience / two cents.

      Delete
    3. Excellent suggestion. Thank you.

      Delete
  6. I am amazed about your game Harem's
    I want to thank you a lot for it and congratulated you .. im sorry my english is horrible...

    ReplyDelete