Wednesday, November 13, 2013

General timetable

A few people have asked for release dates, which I normally hate to do.  A developers schedule quickly turns into a promise in the minds of the reader and a schedule is nothing but numbers written in sand on the beach.  But I'll lay out what I think will happen.

This is all guesswork and needs to be taken as such.

-In this week I hope to move from alpha testing to private beta testing.
-If the private beta goes well it should last 2-4 weeks.  It'll depend on the level of response I get from my volunteers, the number of bugs that alpha missed, the severity of those bugs and my ability to find and fix them.  Then we'll move into public beta (buggy release).
-Depending on how the alpha and private betas go, the public beta may be fine and be upgrade to final within a week or two.  Depending on how much slips through testing the public beta may go through several releases (ala 0.6a) pushing the 0.6b final into early next year.

After 0.6b goes final I'll probably disappear for a few weeks and then start doing some polls, help wanted posts and gathering general feedback to help develop later versions.

10 comments:

  1. I respect your decisions mate. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly you will all ways find people who can't seem to stand waiting... I am just thank full that i am used to it since i been waiting for age's for the Da Capo Plus Communications to be translated (still think it wont happen just to annoy me to hell lol)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this is an estimate, not a promise/guarantee, but it's still neat to see updates and progress. Even though I can wait (and it's a free game that you are doing as a hobby, rather than something you 'owe' to the fans!) it gives me something to look forward to and a little idea of what's going on behind the scenes.

    Tl;dr Thank you for posting this, even if it's just numbers in the sand. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writ in water or not, it's good to have the numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This game is awsome but I have a request plz I beg you, I dont know how you plan to end the game, but plz put an option in the end that instead of selling the harem u keep it for your self, cause I have grwon to like each and everyone of them I would hate to sell them >.<

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eh, general timetable like this is fine. Especially if paired with a post every now and again going "hey guys, working on x thing right now". Hope stuff goes smoothly for your beta tests~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed, I fully understand that these are "plans" not "deadlines" and I treat them as such (How often do plans actually pan out how you imagined?)
      I am happy even with the occasional update that says "Wasn't able to work on the game for the last couple weeks" as it allows me to understand the situation instead of being in the dark.

      PS: Eagerly awaiting open beta.

      Delete
    2. With this schedule It'll be two birthdays for me waiting

      Delete
  7. the game is doing well? much bugs? you need a hand? i mostly program c++ but i think i can handle ruby as well soo if you need a hand just say here and i will contact you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the offer but we're just closing up the last few things. Hope to move into public beta (buggy release) within the next few days.

      Delete