Sunday, February 10, 2019

8m4 update!


Thank you all for the combat/code feedback. TG22 and I have ben looking at it and seeing what we can do to improve the way that combat and quests feel. While I don’t want to make any promises, I think we’ve made a lot of progress and I’d love to hear your feedback when 8m4 comes out!
Now onto content. I’m trying something different this month: Rather than try to push push push and only go into beta when I think there’s enough done, I’m going to try to do a more consistent thing. Where the writers and I create content near continuously, but once I get ~200 pages into the new release I start the beta and hopefully build up a bit of a buffer zone between development and release so releases become more consistent. Particularly with TG22 also helping on the code development side, I think it’s a reasonable goal that we should be able to hit fairly consistently.

So what’s definitely going to be 8m4:
-Eowen will be re-opened, with every NPC getting new dialogue to reflect what’s happened.
-Baylie, the bunny girl from ch3, is now purchasable. Her arc isn’t immensely complex, but it will have a few events in it. 8m4 will go up to her first scene.
-The start of Livia’s recovery, starting with Mercalius renting one of your healers. Definitely to help Livia maybe to help his frustrated libido as well, that part is up to you.
-A quest to start to earn Aries’s trust, at least enough to let you betray him properly. At least 1 ‘dungeon’ in 8m4
-The next in Arden’s Legate series

What might get in, this is where the 200 pages/month comes in. If the first 5 gets me to 200 pages, this get pushed back another month regardless of how close they are to being finished.
-Opening a portal in Eowen. I wanted to do something more than just pushing a button and it’s kinda getting away from me, looking to be about 5 scenes in the process.
-Vanessa’s TKP scene

What definitely won’t be in 8m4
-Getting to see Hanno, Angelica’s father, in Eowen
-Re-opening the brothel
-Entering the Westlands.


And just as a final note: If we start hitting the 200 page/month goal and exceeding it I’m going to let a bit of a buffer develop so even if things go bad during a month the buffer absorbs it and you all get content. If the buffer gets overly large, I’ll be increasing the content/month. 

And of course, when Harem c8m4 is released to my patrons, 8m3 will become free to play for the everyone!  If you don't want to wait that long, you can always get early access to the newest content and support the ongoing development of Harem!

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&u

14 comments:

  1. Was really hoping that Edrin's conversion into a girl would be one of the updates. But still, good to hear about more content.^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and sorry if I'm being annoying for you guys. I'm a bit of a completionist, you see. And it just really doesn't feel right to me to go on to either Elan or Lesser Corsix when there's still things left to complete in the Denai area, what with Edrin's conversion and there also being a conversation with Isabella at the moat in the evil route to finish off.

    I know it's just a personal gripe on my part, but it just feels wrong to go on to a new area when I haven't completed the tasks in the area I'm already in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Technically it's all a sidequest. A very needed sidequest since you need to save your allies/resources from being trampled or destroyed by greedy soldiers. From a story perspective you are being rushed by events to secure your interests.

      Delete
    2. Yeah. It may be a side quest, but I do feel it's needed to be finished. Besides, it's odd to add things in a new area, when the old area was never completed first.

      Delete
    3. dont let the loose ends pile up, fiona quests to get her if you didnt before the trial is still missing, same for the solis diamond quest that cant be continued after getting the wind hearts or just talking to isabella

      Delete
    4. i mean it cant be continued if you havent fiona on your harem

      Delete
  3. Currently stuck on a bug with the public release c8m2.1, I have 3 save files (so I can get all 3 options for this one choice) when you hand in the scales to Caliga, on the two slave saves (Kathleen & Terra) I hand the 10 in, go talk to them in the house, and it lets me go to the ball.
    But on my main save I did the 30 scales option, before I hand them in I can enter the house in Corde, but once I hand them in the house isn't enterable, its sparkling like the others did, but I just can't enter, and I've tried everything I can think of to get around this to no luck.
    Which sucks because that save is higher level and has done other quests, and probably the reason its bugged out as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like if I could get inside the building without going through the door, all would be fine..

      Delete
    2. i also had the same bug but mine happened after i chose terra, but it suddenly fixed on its own after i left and completed other missions, most likely it may be a conflict between missions

      Delete
    3. I guess I'll continue doing other missions until it works.

      Delete
    4. Oh thank god it worked

      Delete
  4. Looking good, looking good, I was trying to play an evil run the other day but I just can't bring myself to be that mean :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the evil route is pretty good, cecilia punishment alone make it worth

      Delete
  5. i am curious about why diana mission doesnt appear on lower corsix on the evil side

    ReplyDelete