Saturday, August 24, 2019

Harem c8m6 update 2





Greetings to everyone!  I’m hoping that you’ve enjoyed the new Harem c8m5 if you’re supporting me on Patreon, c8m4 if not.  It was good to get as much positive feedback as I did after my return, really helped me get back into stride.  Progress has been going well on both new and old content.

We’re currently doing the combat pass 3 “beta” testing.  TG22 has been helping me update the class design over the last few releases, trying to improve the admittedly basic combat loop for Harem.  CP3 is trying to improve the early game, both with more interesting classes but overall a better monster system.  In 8m6 it should be complete, with all the non-sequenced fights in chapters 1-4 adapting to your level.  So you won’t ever significantly under or over level any fight, making things like composition choices and gearing more important than simple grinding.  And if you don’t like any of that, it will make the difficulty controls work properly in c1-4 where previously they only had an effect after chapter 5.  Including going to -100 and making almost all fights trivial if you’re just in this for the “story”.  A big thanks to him and all the testers!

As to c8m6, progress is great.  I’m almost at the 200 pages written, the majority of code is in place, the only big jobs left are imaging and testing.  If things go according to plan, testing that content should start next week and have us ready for an c8m6 release in early September.  I’ll post patch notes for it next week so you all know what’s coming!

And as always, thanks to everyone who supports the game.  Doubly so for those pledging on Patreon, I’d be hard pressed to generate 50 pages of content a month if I wasn’t able to rely on your generosity to pay the bills.  If you want to help support Harem’s development as well, my thanks in advance!  https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&u

3 comments:

  1. i know that i'm off topic but i've just begun chapter 8 (8.4 version) and every time i try to talk to Reah, Jessica o proceed in the plot the screen goes dark and a message tells me." Script: 'Cache'line 106 RGSSError occurred failed to create bitmap". Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things like that are usually download issues, try deleting and re downloading the game. Keep your saves safe, those should be fine. If the issue persists, please email me your save to haremrpg@gmail.com

      Delete