Monday, February 20, 2012

Updated link and compromises

First a bit of clerical.  With the chaos in file host services, my multiupload link doesn't work.  Steveman on Hongfire is hosting the game temporarily, so check the thread to download it.  When 0.5 is ready I'll take a look at the situation for hosts and use a new one.  But I have time to not worry about it.

Just to quickly address one common response to this.  While I do use a SVN for development, it's not appropriate for release.  My skill in VX has grown past the sledgehammer stage, but only up to machete.  Not scalpel.  The development version is not a working version, and I like it that way.  Lets me develop more freehand and worry about the consequences during testing.  And I'd prefer to work hidden to avoid spoilers.

Also please do not use this blog for bug reports.  It's a horrible format for it.  Use the blog for either feedback or suggestions.  Use the forum threads linked for bug reports please.

On a positive note, Musca from Futanari and imercenary from Hongifre have offered their help in writing the last few scenes that I've been having issues with.  I want to thank them both.

Finally I've decided to make a few compromises in developing 0.5.  The biggest will be save compatibility, or lack thereof.  The core engines in Harem have changed dramatically during development, and trying to write correction events has turned nightmarish.  I will not be doing so for 0.5 and you will have to restart the game fresh.  Kurupt has been kind enough to do a grammar pass on nearly the entire game, so it should also be a better experience than it has been so far.

I might rebuild the chapter skip to support the new version, although that is not a promise.  When 0.5 goes in for testing I will work on it, but those tend to be very complicated events as well and buggy.  It's in the maybe pile, but you might have to restart at the beginning.  Sorry.

There is currently no eta on 0.5. 

2 comments:

  1. :) Gives me a reason to start a new save. And also I have a question, if its not too spoilerish...What are the main effects of how you treat the girls later in the game? And also good luck with coding the game. And I'm looking forward to version 0.5 xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. There will be. Most of the game has been rewritten, so it should be better. Combat has been redone, so it should be more dynamic. I've added in bonus scene to Terra in her mind, and am working on one for angelica in the Corsix Caverns. I'm also adding a branching resort scene for terra as well. I may be retconning the circle guild to better set up for future events. There will be plenty of new events in the old content for the replay. Also more!

    ReplyDelete