Monday, March 5, 2012

Testing has begun on 0.5

0.5 has reached an beta state!  Where the update isn't finished, but the vast majority of content is in as well as a huge number of bugs.  moonblack and Calristan have been doing a great job digging through the new content and finding the many many errors I made.  Part of development I guess.

Raziel321 is working on a few new combat scripts which should hopefully give the combat in Harem some much need flavor.  Don't want to go into too many spoilers about it, but I'm quite excited on how it's going to play and feel.

Megaflamer and ninjican are finishing up the last of the art content in 0.5.  Looking very nice so far, much like a living world.  Sprites are solid with a few custom sprites for different character outfits.

Myself, I'm still writing.  Finishing up the end sequence of 0.5 and then going to go back and add a few more scenes to the 0.4 content.  I'm a fairly lousy tester (as I act the way that the I expect the player to act) so during most of the testing phase I work on backfilling some content.  There's still about three long events that I have to finish writing before 0.5 could possibly released, and 5 more scenes or so I'd like to add if time permits, although I can release without them.  Then a bit of breadcrumbing events and some NPC filler dialogue.

Also we've squashed some bugs that were in 0.4 content.  Noemi's brothel sequence should be completable as well as Sarah's orc GoR scene.  

I'm not looking for any more testers (or contributors at all atm).  But 0.5 is progressing nicely and I'm giving a rough ETA of some time in April for initial release.

No comments:

Post a Comment