Saturday, October 15, 2022

Further experiments with different engines.

I've spent my free time in the last couple of weeks playing around with a few different imaging programs, both Honey Select 2.  I'll agree that HS2 isn't as appropriate for the RPG maker style but the power of the engine is absolutely amazing coming from 3dcg.  And our women finally have noses... actual noses!  Did Alena and Vanessa scenes that stay fairly close to the 3dcg designs (ignore Nicole's model, that is very much WiP).  I decided to change Adeline's model significantly, having such a visually striking model for a master disguise artist/assassin didn't make much sense so redid her.  Really like the new model personally, she's more she has a bit more of an androgynous look now that makes her very unique among the harem.  But still is all woman for the people always disturbed by Laura.


I also gave KoiKatsu another try, this time the older KK instead of KKS which seems to have significantly better mod support.  Still far less than HS2 but possibly enough for me to function with, particularly as I learn to use overlays to do the body markings that are important to Harem's story.  Started with Jessica (dunno, has become a personal fave of mine recently), her dark tram scene just to get a handle on KK's maps and controls.  Did Terra's reconcile (c4 light to dark route) scene to test out some of the overlays and did Sam and Terra with Aries to work more with the male models (neither of those are anywhere near complete.


As always, would love your feedback.  Focus on the models themselves, I'm sure I'll get plenty of comparative feedback between the two engines regardless.  That will likely be decided by a poll that I'll create if I decide to work on Harem again, as opposed to me just playing around now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/17RB3QEgZEf2NtHb3arGEKOgqPL9TTmE7/view

 

Personally things are going fantastic for me.  Back in school, going to finally finish my Bachelors after many years and am looking into various grant programs to earn various medical technical programs that sound very interesting to me.  And would be quite lucrative.  Spending so much time with the family again has been fantastic for my mental health as well.

6 comments:

  1. Personally, I love the story. I really enjoy how MC wins through the use of competence and cunning rather than just plot armour. Every time he overcomes a barrier gives me a personal cathartic feeling. Whether he is a villain or a hero I want him to win. I truly cannot wait to see what happens in the future; will he go back and save his own kingdom? Will he stay and rule Rata? Or both? It made me very sad to not see you update for so long. I thought that we had lost you. Conversely, I was extremely happy when I saw you back on. It pushed my own depression back a bit. Glad you are back with us, little brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I'm definitely a fan of the KoiKatsu models, as the Honey Select ones look a bit too Uncanny Valley for my tastes.
    Nice to hear that your personal life is rising by leaps and bounds! I'm proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the KoiKatsu ones look better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Adeline's new model, but some of the others didn't grab me as much. I think I favour the KoiKatsu models overall. The more catoony look allows for more distinct variation in peoples looks and some of the less human like wings features will probably look less out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...I am excited by the siren allure of Actual Noses, but also I'm glad to year you went back to school. I also went back to get my bachelor's a year ago, and it was hearing about how other people did that helped me feel better.

    ReplyDelete