Friday, April 20, 2012

Work starting on 0.6

So from reading the feedback, I'm fairly happy with 0.5.1 as the final release version of 0.5.  There's a bug or two left, but nothing gamebreaking enough to call for a 0.5.2.  Work will begin on 0.6.  My number of blog posts will be less over the next few weeks and months, but be confident the game is being worked on.  I have no ETA on 0.6 release at all currently, so don't ask :)

Two more people have joined the Harem team, otakujoe23 and HirotonoRei, both will be focused on editing and proofreading.  Hopefully 0.6 will not be as much as an affront to the English language as 0.5 is.  It will still be as much of an affront to human sensibilities as 0.6, potentially even more.  But that's why you all play :)  Many thanks to the both of them.

Still feel free to hit me up for mediafire links if you can't get filefactory to work.  I'm working with some ideas to better release 0.6, monetizing it to some degree while trying to give access to as many people as possible.  I'm considering a time tiered release, but it's still just in early thoughts.

I would ask everyone to play the game to come by and leave feedback on either the hongfire or futunaripalace threads.  A few reasons.  First feedback is critical to make the game better.  I need to know what worked and what didn't.  What scenes had you fapping and which ones yawning.  What you want to see happen in later versions.  Things like that are tremendously useful to all of us, both in terms of the quality of what we make and our own motivation.  It also helps people find the game by keeping it active on the forum.

And drop off a few plus reps and thanks as well to anyone in the team that's responding in the thread.  Just makes us feel good!

Thanks for playing and let me know what you thought!

Oh, if any mods over at LoK is reading this.  I'm trying to post your game there as well in the creative corner, but the mod for that sub-forum hasn't be on for a few days and the post is in the moderation queue currently.  Your board seems to be a great place for Harem and any help would be appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ker,

    I really, really, love what you've made here. It's not just another H-game, I actually care about what the hell is going on and many of the characters themselves.

    I was wondering, seeing as you were talking about monetizing, can I donate? Not to put you under any pressure or try and influence the direction of the game, but if a few quid would help make your life easier, I'd be happy to pony up.

    Thanks for the great work (and thanks to your testers!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    I'm trying to figure out a donation system, but it's a bit complicated. Paypal will ban me for donations (and keep any money donated) and I can't directly add a donate link to any adult blogspot blog. I'm looking into alternative download sites, but I haven't had a great deal of free time for a few days now.

    ReplyDelete