Wednesday, April 20, 2016

An open request

One of the things that has bugged me about Harem is that the main character (Actor1/Ralph) looks so completely different in the game world versus the CGs.  This was mostly because of available resources.  Male mods are far rarer than female mods in 3dcg and the one I use is the best one by far of what I've been able to find.  There's a better selection of spites for VX ACE, but I had found an emotion set of faces for Ralph and thought that it would make the text more interesting if they character emoted a bit when he talked, and there's very few of them around.  So we ended up with a red hair/green eyed sprite and face with a brown hair/black eye'd man doing the fucking.  Something which needed to be fixed.

Ninjician as already created a sprite to move closer to the 3dcg model but couldn't do the face.  I gave it a shot but my photo editing skills are laughable.  So lets throw it open to all of you!  Anyone that wants to give it a shot, I'm going to attach the emoset for Ralph and what I was able to create by modifying it.  If you can improve it, please do what you can and send it back to me at haremrpg@gmail.com.  I'd also love a nude version of it (just the shoulders bare) to better match up with the scenes as well.

A couple of requirements from VX ACE
A face is 96x96 pixels.  A face file is 8 of those, 384x192.  The file format must be a .png to allow for transparency. 
If you want to start from scratch, please use the same rough expression in each face so it will sync into existing code.






Both should make the chapter 4 content.  It definitely feels strange using a different sprite/face for the main character after so many years, but I think overall it'll be for the best when people adjust to it.

2 comments:

  1. Could you tell me what program you're using for creating scenes? it looks like 3DCustomGirl for me, but I couldn't make scenes with more than 2 characters there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 3dcg. Create as many female characters as you want in the character editor. Go into the scene selector bar, go two to the left. You'll see an square/circle icon which is the pose editor. Go into that.

    Go back into the character editor by using the second button from the bottom right. Go to your saved models and ctrl-click on them to add them into the pose. Add male models (1 type only without using hardsaves using the f1 key.

    ReplyDelete